Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Saint Catgherine of Alexandria

Saint Catherine of Alexandria!
                          From: Mele
Yassas, my name is Saint Catherine of Alexandria and I live in Egypt. I was a very rich child. Everyday I would find time to pray quietly to God. I was able to go to school and I studied very hard.  When I was 18 years old, I went to an Emperor who was persecuting the christians and told him that he has to stop attacking good people. The Emperor sent me to jail for insulting him. He said to me, I must die by being tortured on a spiked wheel. I noticed something when I touched the wheel, the wheel just fell apart. The Emperor ordered my head to be cut off. When my head was cut off, angels from heaven carried my bodie to Mount sinai, where later on a church and a convent was built in my honor. My Feast day is November 25th, I was born 287 AD and died 305 AD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.