Pages

Friday 14 November 2014

Matariki

                      Matariki
It is night time and i’m at the beach with my neighbors. I can see the fire has been already lit. My neighbors are nearly at the fire, when John says “ Hurry up or the stars will disappear”. We’re at the beach to  celebrate Matariki.

The stars are glistening in the dark blue sky. As I look up, my friend Jessie calls us, so we can all be together to see the stars rise and turn into bright diamonds. The seven stars are gathered together, to be a shape like a kite or another kind of pattern.

Matariki is the Maori New Year when everyone celebrates Matariki or, the seven sisters which are a group of stars in the sky. Matariki is a time of plenty when the crops are gathered together.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.